Sunday 4 May 2014

Lips In Rio Rio


I've been loving Topshop and their beauty range so much recently. I picked up this lipstick in Rio Rio, which is a bright red shade with orange undertones. I should of probably swatched this next to a really red lipstick so you could see the orange undertones in it. As you can see from the swatch above Rio Rio is extremely pigmented. I've always been a little scared to wear orange on my lips, but I always think it looks so nice when I see it on other people. This is probably the safest option though! I can imagine this lipstick to suit most skin tones as the orange in the lipstick really brightens up the whole face. 

Rio Rio is a satin matte finish, I found this lipstick more moisturising than most matte lipsticks. So it glided onto the lips just lovely with no pulling. I haven't had any dryness or flakey lips like I usually get with a matte finish. the staying power lasted a few hours and after transfer it did leave a nice stain to my lips. The swatch that was done for this post must of been on my arm for about 8-10 minutes and it stained right away. This lipstick was only £8.00 and it was well worth purchasing. I'd say they are quite comparable to your higher end lipsticks like I mentioned in my previous post about Lips In Peach Sundae. There's a lot of people that say they are on par with MAC lipsticks, but there's obviously not as much colour choice. 


Have you tried any of the Topshop lipsticks?
Which one do you like if so?

Chanelle Jade
x

Don't forget to enter my MAC eyeshadow
GIVE AWAY  - Click Here

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. What a stunning shade :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a gorgeous shade! I hate it when matte lipsticks are so drying, so I may have to get this as you said it's moisturising - yay! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this one is so much better than the Nude Attitude from Revlon that I've just wrote a post about. Obviously with the lipstick being matte you can expect a little drying. Highly recommend :)

      Delete
  3. That shade looks gorgeous, I've been after MAC lady danger but I just can't justify £15 on one lipstick this one might be worth a try x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend this one hun! It's gorgeous and so much cheaper

      Delete
  4. Waw! That red is so... RED! Love it!

    thebeautyresidence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing worse Han a drying matte lipie, so this sounds fab. I bet it looks gorgeous on you beaute!
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing it loads! I think it would suit you as well :) x

      Delete
  6. I only own one unfortunately in Beehive, a lovely pink.

    http://ruebri.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment/read my blog. Each follow and comment means so much to me :)
I do try to reply to most of the comments left under my blog posts, but sometimes it is hard to comment on every single one. I hope you enjoyed reading my blog & I hope that you will be back to read more <3

If you would like to speak to me or ask me anything then please send me a tweet :)
- @chanellejadebb

Thank you for your time x
BLOGGER THEME CREATED BY pipdig